Primary PE and Sport Premium
For 2018-2019 the Department of Education has continued to fund Primary Schools to the same level. The focus of this funding continues to be on developing high quality PE and School Sport provision and ensuring it is sustainable beyond the funding.
They have also published their funding guidance for the scheme alongside case studies showing how some schools have delivered a real impact for pupils through sports and physical activity.
View the latest key documents and information below:
- View our handy 2018/19 DfE Guidance
- Evidencing the impact - Website Reporting Tool
- Ofsted School Inspection Handbook
- Governance Handbook
- PE & Sport Premium Allocations for Leicester-Shire & Rutland Schools 2018/19
The PE and Sport Premium is part of a series of programmes led by the department to improve healthy lifestyles among pupils and tackle childhood obesity. As part of the Childhood Obesity Plan, the Department of Education are working with other departments and agencies – including the Department of Health and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport – to make sure children are healthy and active.
Healthy eating, physical activity and sport not only help tackle childhood obesity, but can also have a positive impact on pupils' behaviour, attendance, concentration and attainment, helping children to reach their potential.
If you or your school would like any guidance, advice, support or a 1-1 visit to your school, on the use of your Primary Sport Premium funding or generically on your PE & School Sport offer, please contact Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport at the contact details below.
- LRS 2018 19 PSP Guidance (PDF, 163 Kb)
- Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium Template 2018 (PDF, 6.2 Mb)
- Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium Template 2018 (MS Word, 4.5 Mb)
- AfPE Example Template Indicator 2018 Final (PDF, 932 Kb)
- School Inspection Handbook (PDF, 1.2 Mb)
- Governance Handbook (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
- PE Sport Premium Allocations 2018 19 (PDF, 128 Kb)
5 Key Indicators
Headteachers and Teachers decide what is best for the children's needs. If you would like help in ensuring your children are receiving PE, sport and physical activity programmes suited to their wants and needs then please contact us. Possibilities could include:
- Specialist coaching
- Teacher training or professional development in PE/sport
- Support for after-school or weekend competitions
- Hiring specialist PE teachers
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for CPD
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports and holiday clubs
For more information please contact:
Sports Development Manager
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- Active Schools (Whole School Approach)
- Head Teacher / Heads of PE Engagement
- Primary PE and Sport Premium Advisor
- School Sport & Physical Activity Network (SSPAN) Development
- Strategic Management & Business Planning
- 01509 564862