The Government, through the Department for Education are investing more than £150m per year direct to Primary Schools in the form of the Primary PE and Sport Premium fund.
Sport England and other national partners are working with the Government to support the Primary PE and Sport Premium fund and have collectively developed the following vision for PE and School Sport:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
If you or your school would like any guidance, advice, support or a 1-1 visit to your school, on the use of your Primary Sport Premium funding or generically on your PE & School Sport offer, please contact Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport at the contact details below.
View the subpage for National Guidance and Impact information and to view Local Case Studies in the navigation on the right-hand side. For more information on coaching in Primary Schools, visit our dedicated Employing a Coach page.
Purpose of Funding
Headteachers and Teachers decide what is best for the children's needs. If you would like help in ensuring your children are receiving PE, sport and physical activity programmes suited to their wants and needs then please contact us. Possibilities could include:
- Specialist coaching
- Teacher training or professional development in PE/sport
- Support for after-school or weekend competitions
- Hiring specialist PE teachers
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for CPD
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports and holiday clubs
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) with partners have produced a Booklet to support Primary Schools in effectively utilising their Primary Sport Premium. There are also a number of other documents providing more information and support.
- LRS Primary School PE & Sport Premium Booklet (PDF, 1.4 Mb)
This document is designed to support Primary Schools to effectively utilise their PE and Sport Premium funding while guiding them on the associated Ofsted inspection requirements
- NGB Update to Pages 18/19 - Primary School PE & Sport Premium Booklet (PDF, 27 Kb)
This is an update to pages 18 and 19 in the Premium Booklet above.
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities (OAA) Information Primary School PE and Sport Premium (PDF, 2.2 Mb)
The following resource information is to help schools deliver Outdoor and Adventurous Activities (OAA) as part of their PE curriculum and to be part of the wider school curriculum offer.
- LRS PE & School Sport 'A Guide for Governors' (PDF, 2.1 Mb)
This Guide aims to provide Schools and their Sports Governor’ colleague with everything you need to get the best value for money from your PE and Sports Premium.
- LRS Sport Premium Funding Guide for Primary Schools (PDF, 455 Kb)
The purpose of this document is to provide primary schools with a clear
and simple guide following the Government’s funding announcement, on how to make best use of this new investment.
For more information please contact:
Sports Development Manager
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- Children and Young People Lead
- Strategic Management & Business Planning
- Head Teacher Engagement
- Primary PE and Sport Premium Advisor
- Heads of PE Development
- School Sport & Physical Activity Network (SSPAN) Development
- Oadby & Wigston LSA Link Officer
- 01509 564862