Local Case Studies
Whitwick St John the Baptist C E Primary School
To Improve the Extra-Curricular Sporting Activities for the children at our school.
"I am delighted that our school now has the capacity to provide sporting extra-curricular opportunities to both KS1 and KS2 children'. 'The number of children taking up these activities have increased. The profile of physical education, health and well-being has improved immeasurably".
- Whitwick St John The Baptist Case Study (PDF, 78 Kb)
Old Dalby C of E Primary School
Our aim was to increase the overall participation of pupils in sport and physical activity beyond their curriculum PE time. We looked into ways to spend the PE Premium funding to increase opportunity and participation, especially by girls, in a wider a range of activities.
- Old Dalby PS Case Study (PDF, 150 Kb)
Stokes Wood Primary School
"This funding has helped us implement and expand the PE and sport programme we have wanted for a long time.
Together with pupil premium, it ensures that all pupils are given a chance to develop physical skills and a knowledge of how to keep themselves healthy, build self-esteem and success in school, both sporting and academic".
No Life Without Sport - Avenue Primary School
Children at Avenue school talk about what sport means to them. It is central to their lives and a passion for sport drives a passion for life. The bene t for the school is evident in their testimony. Kye, Grace and Ajay from Year 6 speak about what sport means to them. They talk about how they use their 'learning muscles' every day.
- Avenue Primary Case Study (PDF, 167 Kb)
Wellbeing Matters - Brocks Hill Primary School
Brocks Hill pushes sport and physical activity opportunities to another level to make sure that children's overall well-being is a top priority. The ethic of team work permeates all the e orts to drive everything that this outstanding school achieves.
- Brocks Hill Primary School Case Study (PDF, 243 Kb)
How to Beat Obesity - Broom Leys Primary school
Using National Child Measurement data the school is having an impact on children. Taking in cohorts above the national average for obesity and sending out year groups below!
- Broom Leys Primary School Case Study (PDF, 275 Kb)
Using External Coaches – Quality Counts Elizabeth Woodville Primary School
External coaching companies may promise you the earth, but can they deliver? Here are some questions that have been answered at Elizabeth Woodville School in Groby.
The excellent provision at Elizabeth Woodville is highly planned alongside external partners. Coaches and teachers team teach in a way that rapidly develops the skills of teachers. Planning, delivery and assessment is carried out jointly. Every child is discussed as an individual. This leads to highly personalised and differentiated lessons. The standards in PE in the school are excellent.
- Elizabeth Woodville Primary (PDF, 219 Kb)
Using the Environment to Enthuse Children - St Mary & St John C.E.V.A. Primary School
The school has overhauled its approach to PE. It has gone from being a marginal activity to being central to the enthusiasm that this successful school has generated.
How has this been achieved?
St Mary & St John C.E.V.A. School has:
- Reviewed all facilities and been creative in developing PE spaces
- Committed to significant CPD through team teaching
- Introduced a wide range of activities that inspire children
- Linked the work to healthy schools
- Worked through the Sports Partnership and with Uppingham Community College
- Invested in play boxes for play times
- Got involved in competitions in and out of school
- St Mary & St John C.E.V.A. Case Study (PDF, 262 Kb)
Changing the Culture & Ethos of your School and Living School Life Through Your Motto - Stokes Wood Primary School
The School Motto is "What you do today, matters tomorrow".
The school motto drives the approach to everything at Stokes Wood and uses sport in particular to support this It has driven the huge increase in participation and in competitions. The motto was created by the staff and children and adorns the front of the school.
- Stokes Wood Primary School Case Study (PDF, 279 Kb)
Running to School: An Enthusiastic Start to Every Day! - Primary Willowbrook School
At Willowbrook School the children run to get through the gates to begin the school day! 'Morning Motivation' is the start to every day and typifies the way in which this school has generated vitality in its children (and staff!). An outstanding start to the day in an outstanding school!
- Willowbrook Primary School Case Study (PDF, 249 Kb)
Additional Local/National Case Studies
- Top Tips - Case Study Schools (PDF, 73 Kb)
- SCUK Primary PE and Sport Premium Case Study Stokes Wood (PDF, 132 Kb)
- Stokes Wood PS Case Study (PDF, 60 Kb)
- Brocks Hill PS Case Study (PDF, 65 Kb)
- Ashby Hill Top PS Case Study (PDF, 67 Kb)
- Broom Leys PS Case Study (PDF, 85 Kb)
- Dove Bank PS Case Study (PDF, 65 Kb)
- Eastfield PS Case Study (PDF, 62 Kb)
- English Martyrs PS Case Study (PDF, 52 Kb)
- Sacred Heart Charnwood PS Case Study (PDF, 57 Kb)
- Sacred Heart PS Case Study (PDF, 60 Kb)
- Shepshed HS Case Study (PDF, 75 Kb)
- St Bart's PS Case Study (PDF, 59 Kb)
- St Mary's PS Case Study (PDF, 61 Kb)
- Swallowdale PS Case Study (PDF, 78 Kb)