Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children and adults at risk engaged in sporting activities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Don't let anyone spoil the fun
Sport is fun – it gives you the opportunity to make new friends, try out new activities and amaze yourself with what you can do. As a young person involved in sport you have a right to be treated fairly and enjoy your sport.
Is something worrying you? Don't keep it to yourself
- tell an adult you trust as soon as possible, such as:
- a parent or someone else in your family
- another member of staff at the sports club
- a teacher or school counsellor
- your doctor or school nurse
- your club will have a child protection officer – find out who they are and tell them about your worries
- make sure you're not alone again with the person who has tried to harm you.
If you take part in sport you can expect your Coach to:
- Be organised and on time
- Treat you with respect
- Support and encourage you
- Never use bad language
Childline is here for you
Is the free, 24-hour helpline for children and young people in the UK. You can call about any problem, at any time – day or night.
You might also want to take a look at Childline's Sport and exercise pages for info and advice on issues relating to sport.
- 0800 1111
Do you have concerns about the welfare of a child?
Phone 999 if a crime is being committed or if a child is in immediate danger. Contact Leicestershire police on 101 if you think a crime has been committed but there is no immediate danger.
Leicestershire First Response Children's Duty Team
Contact the First Response Children's Duty Team if you think a child is being:
• physically abused
• sexually abused
Or use the online form.
- 0116 305 0005
Leicester's Children & Young People's Service
- 0116 454 1004
Rutland's Children's Duty Team
Guides for Children/Parents/Carers, Coaches/Leaders and Clubs
Training & Guidance
- Share Aware Nspcc (PDF, 1 Mb)
- Social Media Safety Tips For Young People 2017 (PDF, 184 Kb)
- Social Media Safety Tips For Parents Carers Teachers 2017 (PDF, 181 Kb)
- LRS Safeguarding Promotional Card (PDF, 564 Kb)
- Programmes For Children Young People Safeguarding Support Toolkit Final (PDF, 362 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Use Of Electronic Communications (MS Word, 37 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Staffing Supervision (MS Word, 37 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Duty Of Care (MS Word, 51 Kb)
- Guidelines For The Transportation Of Children Young People (MS Word, 44 Kb)
- Guidelines On Use Of Photographic Filming At Competitions (MS Word, 100 Kb)
- Sample Code Of Ethics Conduct (MS Word, 25 Kb)
Football Association - Historic Abuse
Phone: 0800 0232642
For more information please contact:
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS)
Opening Times: Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm