Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people engaged in sporting activities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Safe Sport - Safe opportunities for taking part is important for all and essential when providing opportunities for young people and vulnerable adults.
Do you feel safe?
As a young person involved in sport you have a right to:
- Be treated fairly
- Enjoy your sport
Not happy about something?
There should be someone at your School or Club you can talk to. If not, speak to an adult you trust who will help you.
Remember say...No to bullying, speak out!
You can expect your Coach to:
- Be organised and on time
- Treat you with respect
- Support and encourage you
- Never use bad language
Need to talk?
Guides for Parents/Carers, Coaches/Leaders and Clubs
Guidance & Resources
- Share Aware Nspcc (PDF, 1 Mb)
- LRS Safeguarding Policy FINAL.pdf (PDF, 240 Kb)
- Social Media Safety Tips For Young People 2017 (PDF, 184 Kb)
- Social Media Safety Tips For Parents Carers Teachers 2017 (PDF, 181 Kb)
- LRS Safeguarding Promotional Card (PDF, 564 Kb)
- Programmes For Children Young People Safeguarding Support Toolkit Final (PDF, 362 Kb)
- ABAE Complaints Letter (PDF, 2.4 Mb)
We have been given permission to use the ABA complaints procedure as an example of what should be in place to effectively field concerns from anyone regarding safeguarding.
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Use Of Electronic Communications (MS Word, 37 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Staffing Supervision (MS Word, 37 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Duty Of Care (MS Word, 51 Kb)
- Guidelines For The Transportation Of Children Young People (MS Word, 44 Kb)
- Guidelines On Use Of Photographic Filming At Competitions (MS Word, 100 Kb)
- Sample Code Of Ethics Conduct (MS Word, 25 Kb)
SAFE Sport and Physical Activity
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people engaged in sporting activities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland. We aim to contribute to safeguarding children and young people by:
- Meeting the requirements of the Standards for Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport (CPSU, 2002).
- Implementing and demonstrating best safeguarding practice when staff, volunteers or others are providing services, activities and programmes for children and other young people.
- Working with partners to establish and implement agreed, consistent minimum safeguarding standards for sporting activities across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Requiring those individuals or organisations that are funded or commissioned to provide any service for children and young people to effectively address safeguarding requirements.
- Maximising its influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within its wider partnership roles and relationships.
For more information please contact:
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS)
Opening Times: Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm