Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children and adults at risk engaged in sporting activities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Safe Sport - Safe opportunities for taking part is important for all and essential when providing opportunities for children and adults at risk.
Do you feel safe?
As a young person involved in sport you have a right to:
- Be treated fairly
- Enjoy your sport
Not happy about something?
There should be someone at your School or Club you can talk to. If not, speak to an adult you trust who will help you.
If you take part in sport you can expect your Coach to:
- Be organised and on time
- Treat you with respect
- Support and encourage you
- Never use bad language
Need to talk?
If you have concerns about the welfare of a child, please get in touch with the appropriate contact:
First Response Children's Duty Team
(Referral in Leicestershire)
Phone: 0116 3050005
Emergency Duty Team (Out of Hours Emergencies)
Phone: 0116 3050005
Leicester City Referrals
(Referral in Leicester City)
Phone: 0116 4541004
Phone: 01 572 722577 (Ext 8407)
Contact 999 (if there is a danger to life, a risk of injury or a crime is taking place)
Contact Leicestershire Police on 101 if you think a crime has been committed but there is no immediate danger.
Guides for Children/Parents/Carers, Coaches/Leaders and Clubs
Training & Guidance
- Share Aware Nspcc (PDF, 1 Mb)
- Social Media Safety Tips For Young People 2017 (PDF, 184 Kb)
- Social Media Safety Tips For Parents Carers Teachers 2017 (PDF, 181 Kb)
- LRS Safeguarding Promotional Card (PDF, 564 Kb)
- Programmes For Children Young People Safeguarding Support Toolkit Final (PDF, 362 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Use Of Electronic Communications (MS Word, 37 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Staffing Supervision (MS Word, 37 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Duty Of Care (MS Word, 51 Kb)
- Guidelines For The Transportation Of Children Young People (MS Word, 44 Kb)
- Guidelines On Use Of Photographic Filming At Competitions (MS Word, 100 Kb)
- Sample Code Of Ethics Conduct (MS Word, 25 Kb)
Football Association - Historic Abuse
Phone: 0800 0232642
For more information please contact:
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS)
Opening Times: Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm