- Contact Name
- General Information
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0843 658 5006
What is Lacrosse?
There are different versions of the game:
- Men's lacrosse is a contact sport so players wear protective clothing including helmets, gloves and arm padding.
- Women's lacrosse only involves contact between sticks.
- Mixed lacrosse is played by both men and women or boys and girls.
- Pop-lacrosse, is completely non-contact, even between sticks. It is mainly played by six to 12-year olds.
Lacrosse is an intense and physical game that improves speed, hand-eye coordination and providing a substantial aerobic and strength-building workout.
English Lacrosse offers a get 'INTO Lacrosse' programme which aimed at getting people playing in a fun, social and friendly environment. This is a great way to start playing lacrosse.
Lacrosse clubs will provide all the equipment, referees and coaches to members. For beginners, all you will need is a mouth guard.
- Lacrosse is one of the oldest team sports in the World. Its origins are from North America where French Missionaries first observed Native Americans playing a ball game with a stick and a net which resembled a cross so they named it "La Crossier" which over time has been shorted to Lacrosse.
- The Women's Lacrosse World Cup will be hosted by England in 2017. The games will be held in Guildford.