- Contact Name
- General Information
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 020 8487 7000
Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:39
Wed, 21 Nov 2018 09:00
Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:43
What is Tennis?
The game has evolved - it's now an Olympic Sport. The rules of the modern game are easy to learn. It's played between either two players (singles) or two teams of two players (doubles). Players use the racquet to this the ball over the net into the opponent's court.
Serve, volley, backhand, forehand, deuce, 40-love, advantage - so many terms in tennis that may confuse those of you who have never played. But the aim of the game is pretty simple, hit a tennis ball over the net with your stringed racquet and inside the designated lines.
Tennis can be a great workout and lots of fun. Playing tennis has many health benefits including:
- increasing cardiovascular fitness
- lowering blood pressure
- improving muscle tone, strength and flexibility
- increasing reaction times
Visit the LTA all play tennis website to find your nearest court
- Rackets (Use a racket that is the right size)
- Shoes (You can play tennis in whatever shoes you are comfortable in)
- Clothing (Whatever you feel most comfortable in)
- Andy Murray became the first British man to be crowned Wimbledon champion in 77 years in 2013.