Getting and Staying Active whilst Working At Home
There are some little changes you can make to increase your activity during your working day. Remember, every minute counts!
Use either the morning, lunchtime or evening to break up your working day and incorporate activity and fresh air. Make sure to maintain social distancing measures at all times.
However, there is lots you can do within the comfort of your own home too:
- Take regular breaks from your computer. Set reminders on your calendar to encourage you to stand and move every 30-60 minutes.
- Stand or pace whilst answering the telephone.
- Use what you've got - for example, the stairs are a great way to be active. If you can, use a bathroom that isn't on the same floor as your workspace!
- Organise time to do some virtual activity with your colleagues – could you take in turns to lead a 10 minute workout over a video call?
- Do some Deskercise! A few aerobic and strength exercises, as well as regular stretching, can wake up your muscles, increase your heart rate a little, and even burn a few calories.
- Log your activity using your Activity Tracker. We can even set up challenges for you and your colleagues to allow you to compete against each other virtually. Enquire for more information!
- Take a look at our Active At Home pages for more tips on how to incorporate physical activity into your day.
- Join the Movement is a brand-new campaign from Sport England, funded by The National Lottery, giving you the advice and tools you need to help you do this while the country deals with the coronavirus outbreak.