Working At Home
Support for Employees
We are being encouraged to work from home where possible, which for many of us will bring about a huge change to our daily working routine.
Working from home shouldn't be a barrier to leading a healthy lifestyle. There are many quick and easy ways to build healthy habits into your working day that will help you to stay energised and focused.
We are all having to change the way that we work and live, and it can be difficult to adjust. Here we give you some top tips for maintaining a positive and productive routine whilst working from home:
- Set an alarm - you may have a bit more time in the mornings without your daily commute, but getting up at the same time each morning will help you to maintain your routine as well as ensure you get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.
- Get dressed - You might not need to wear your usual office attire, but it is important to make sure that you shower and get dressed, as if you were going into work as normal, to put you in the right mindset.
- Set up your workspace - Consider where the best place to set up your workspace will be. Sometimes it can be difficult to separate your workspace from your living space, especially when there is a number of you in your household.
- Make sure your workspace is set up so that you are sat correctly and avoid any unnecessary muscle strain.*
- Stick to your normal working hours - when your office is also your home, it can be hard to switch off at the end of the day. By starting and finishing your day at the usual time, as well as setting aside time for a lunch break, you will stay more focused and motivated.
- Stay on task – it can be harder to manage your time when you are not in your usual routine. Start each week or day by planning your tasks and what you hope to achieve.
- Avoid distractions – try to avoid having the TV on in the background or browsing social media. Housework can also become more appealing when you're working from home, try to designate time to do other jobs outside of your working day.
Remember to stay active, eat well, and look after your mental health during this challenging time. Click on the boxes below for more information.