This Girl Can
Leicester-Shire & Rutland
This Girl Can and #FitGotReal is a celebration of all the ways real women actually get active all over the country.
Getting active can feel like an impossibility. We don't have hours of time to dedicate to the gym, money to spend on the latest kit, or relentless energy! We may or may not have full time jobs and full time kids, but we all have full-on schedules.
However you can get active in clever ways that fit in to your busy life. It might be cycling to work, taking the dog for a run, or simply getting down and dirty on the kitchen floor...doing sit-ups!
Find what works you for!
Developed by Sport England, and promoted locally by us here at Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, we want to help women to move a little more!
This Girl Can
It's time to have a Positive Pause!
Friday 6th September 2019
Don't let the menopause cramp your style - come and join us for some advice on how we can make it work for you!
- Let's eat well - learn more about the right nutrition and supplements to keep those hormones in check!
- Make the right moves - learn about and experience how the right exercise can help to keep us strong and healthy.
- Keep confident - join in for a fun Burlesque dance session.
- Relax - enjoy some great tips on how to relax, switch off!
- Receive a free t-shirt and goody bag!
We will do our best to give you your preferred size. You will be asked what t-shirt sizes you require upon booking.
- Organised by Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) working with LCFC & Leicester City in the Community
- Accessible venue and activities.
- Limited places available - book early to avoid disappointment.
- Please note bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. You can pay securely online, or choose to pay offline with a cheque or cash payment as soon as possible to secure your places.
Cost and How to Book
Advance booking is required; please book your places using the link below. During the booking process we will require details of each person attending, including full name, contact details and t-shirt size.
Free to LCFC Employees
General Sale: £5 per person
Find out more about This Girl Can and our past events? Click for more info...
Make your Move....to move a little more
Being active is really good for your body, mind and health – and there are lots of easy ways you and your family can get moving towards an active lifestyle.
Being healthy generally means taking care of your body by choosing a range of healthy lifestyle choices. Though being and staying healthy can seem like a challenge, the information and links provided below can help you to assess your current health and help you make improvements towards a healthier, happier lifestyle.
Visit our Active Lifestyle section for further information advice on being active in your local community, living a healthy and active lifestyle at home, at school and at work.
Take a look at our Get Active Search Engine, where you can search for local clubs, organisations, sessions and events near you.