This Girl Can Charity Night Out
Friday 8th March 2019
Brockington College, Enderby, LE19 4AQ
This time #FitGotReal. Let's have fun and feel great with #ThisGirlCan on International Women's Day! ♀️
Join us for our fourth #ThisGirlCan Charity Night!
- Activity Taster Sessions including Yoga Nidra, Jungle Body Konga, Hula Hooping, Netball and Burleque Dance! More confirmed soon!
- Mass Clubbercise
- Health Information - How can you Make your Move?
- Free t-shirt, goody bag and glowsticks!
You will be asked what t-shirt sizes you require upon booking. The t-shirts are unisex sizes of:
- X Small - 35"
- Small - 38"
- Medium - 40"
- Large - 43"
- X Large - 45"
- XX Large - 48"
Please note that if you book your places before 10th February, you will be guaranteed your chosen size (it's when we need to place the t-shirt order by!). After this date we will do our best to accommodate your chosen size on the night.
- Organised by Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) in support of Look Good Feel Better. Look Good Feel Better provides free skincare and make-up workshops at the Leicester Royal Infirmary which every year support hundreds of women and teenagers living with cancer. Beauty trained volunteers share their skills and expertise to help overcome women common visible side effects of cancer treatment. The charity is dedicated to improving the self-esteem and overall wellbeing of people undergoing treatment for any type of cancer.
- The event is suitable for ages 14+ (those aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult within each activity session)
- Accessible venue and activities.
- Limited places available - book early to avoid disappointment.
- Please note bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. You can pay securely online, or choose to pay offline with a cheque or cash payment a.s.a.p to secure your places.
Cost and How to Book
Advance booking is required; please book your places using the link below. During the booking process we will require details of each person attending, including full name, contact details and t-shirt size.
Early Bird Sale (available until 10th February or once the event is full)
- £8 per person / £32 Group Offer*
- £10 per person / £40 Group Offer*
*Buy 5 tickets for the price of 4. Details of how to apply the discount code can be found on the booking link below.
Looking for an active gift this Christmas? Book your places by lunchtime on 18th December and receive a Christmas ticket for you to wrap!
- This Girl Can Charity Night Out Xmas Flyer (PDF, 706 Kb)
This Girl Can Leicester-Shire & Rutland
This Girl Can and #FitGotReal is a celebration of all the ways real women actually get active all over the country.
Getting active can feel like an impossibility. We don't have hours of time to dedicate to the gym, money to spend on the latest kit, or relentless energy! We may or may not have full time jobs and full time kids, but we all have full-on schedules.
However you can get active in clever ways that fit in to your busy life. It might be cycling to work, taking the dog for a run, or simply getting down and dirty on the kitchen floor...doing sit-ups! Find what works you for!
Developed by Sport England, and promoted locally by us here at Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, we want to help women to move a little more!
Make your Move....to move a little more
Being active is really good for your body, mind and health – and there are lots of easy ways you and your family can get moving towards an active lifestyle.
Being healthy generally means taking care of your body by choosing a range of healthy lifestyle choices. Though being and staying healthy can seem like a challenge, the information and links provided below can help you to assess your current health and help you make improvements towards a healthier, happier lifestyle.
Visit our Active Lifestyle section for further information advice on being active in your local community, living a healthy and active lifestyle at home, at school and at work.
Take a look at our Get Active Search Engine, where you can search for local clubs, organisations, sessions and events near you.