- Helping Women & Girls Get Active - A Practical Guide (PDF, 6.1 Mb)
This guide contains advice, suggestions, hints and tips that will make it easier for you to get more women and girls active in your local area.
- Go Where Women Are (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
This report is about engaging women in sport and exercise on their terms and in their space whether physically or emotionally. This review explores our current understanding of women, their relevant motivations, barriers and triggers to getting more active, and what this means for sports and exercise activities and initiatives
- Marketing Sport And Fitness To Women And Girls (PDF, 7.5 Mb)
This report is designed to help sport deliverers improve the way they market programmes to women & girls.
- Barriers To Sports Participation For Women And Girls (PDF, 118 Kb)
This report highlights the practical, personal, social and cultural reasons why participation rates for women and girls are lower than men’s. The list of barriers also provides ideas for sports deliverers to implement to encourage behaviour change.
- The Ideal Sports Club For Women (PDF, 2.1 Mb)
This research was conducted to identify factors that create the ideal sports club environment for women and can be used as guidelines and a framework to do just that.
- Physical Activity In Young Mothers (PDF, 689 Kb)
This short report provides an overview of the barriers and facilitators for women, but more specifically mothers, when it comes to participating in sport and physical activity.