Activity Alliance Inclusive communications factsheets
A series of factsheets published by Activity Alliance to ensure marketing and communications are inclusive and accessible to all.
- Access For All - Inclusive Communications (PDF, 9.8 Mb)
This guide supports providers to reach a wider audience, including more disabled people.
- Making Active Lives Possible - A Charter for Change (PDF, 2.7 Mb)
This Charter for Change sets out what disabled people say they need to make this possible. We are asking you to commit your support to our charter and make active lives possible, for all.
- Activity Alliance Engagement Guide (PDF, 5.9 Mb)
A series of pages developed by the Activity Alliance that provide organisations with advice and support on how to improve their engagement with disabled people.
- Access For All - Opening Doors (PDF, 4 Mb)
A guide to support your sports club to improve physical access for disabled people
- Activity Alliance - Media Research Report (PDF, 4.9 Mb)
Activity Alliance (previously known as EFDS) commissioned ComRes, who spoke to disabled people, non-disabled people and sports journalists from local, national and specialist outlets. As well as benchmarking media’s current portrayal of disabled people in sport, it assesses opinions on disability sport news.
- Talk To Me - Principles In Action (PDF, 1.1 Mb)
In October 2014 the Activity Alliance released its ‘Talk to Me’ report. This report outlined 10 principles that sports providers could follow to help make their sport or activity more appealing to disabled people. This document provides examples of ways in which each principle has been implemented in practice.
- Mapping Disability - Encouraging Disabled People (PDF, 17.1 Mb)
This guide supports you to communicate and engage more effectively with audiences that include disabled people
- Lets Get Active (PDF, 423 Kb)
A guide to physical activity and sport for people with a learning disability
- Engaging Disabled People In Sport And Physical Activity (PDF, 1.5 Mb)
This guide has been developed to strengthen public sector engagement with disabled people. It provides both a guide for organisations to improve the engagement process as well as demonstrate examples of good practice from which lessons can be learned or replicated
learned or replicated.