It has never been more important for you and your family to remain physically active.
Physical activity is good for the mind and body and so, throughout this Lockdown we are encouraging you to keep active and log your active minutes on our new Virtual Together app.
Your physical activity can take any form – running, walking, yoga, cycling, taking part in PE or sport – and can be done at any time and anywhere, as long as you follow the current Government guidelines.
The Challenge is aimed primarily at young people but we are encouraging the whole family to get involved and be Active Together!
Every time you complete the daily target of 60 minutes of activity (either in one go or over a number of separate days / sessions) your name will be entered into a prize draw at the end of the challenge. The more times you complete 60 minutes, the more times your name will go in the draw!*
You can upload your minutes on the app as often as you like in multiples of 5 minutes (5, 10, 15, 20 minutes etc…) and the app will automatically update your overall total!
- The Challenge has now started and runs until 11:00pm on Sunday 21st February 2021.
Good luck and have fun!
How To Join
Follow the steps below or use the attached Guide
1) Initial App Sign-Up
- Download the 'Playwaze' app in the iPhone app store or Google Play store
- Open the app and 'Register' to join.
2) Add your child(ren) and/or family members
You can add your child(ren) and family members to the app so everyone can enter the Challenges!
- Once signed in to the app, click 'More' and then 'My Details'.
- Click 'Add new linked account', complete the details for your child/family member and click 'Create linked Account'. Repeat this step for other children/family members you wish to add.
You can move easily between each account by going to 'More' and clicking the black people/arrow icon near your name, and selecting the account you want to switch to.
3) Join the Lockdown Challenge
The challenges and competitions are based within a 'Community' on the app. Join the relevant 'Community' to access the challenges and competitions on offer. You can view the Communities you've joined by going to 'More', then My Communities'.
- When in the app, click 'Search', and type 'HiFIVE' to 'Join' that Community.
- Scroll down to find the 'Lockdown Challenge' and enter further details to join.
- Once the Challenge is live, enter your minutes on the app as often as you like in multiples of 5 minutes (5, 10, 15, 20 minutes etc) as the app will automatically update your overall total!
Virtual Together Lockdown Challenge App Guide (PDF, 4 Mb)
Once you have signed up to the Virtual Together app, you can also find lots of activities and challenges in the HiFIVE Community that you can take part in.
If you do have a go at these, you can also record your score for these challenges on the app, and these would all count towards your active minutes!
*Prizes in the random draw will include family experiences and vouchers at local outdoor adventure, sport and activity centres!
We would love to see what you are doing throughout the Lockdown Challenge, so we are also looking to allocate some spot prizes for social media interactions. Send us your videos and pictures on social media!
Each week we will choose 2 social media posts to win a spot prize of a Active Together water bottle!