Welcome to the Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's (LRS) new Workforce Development Programme, running from September 2017 - July 2018.
The aim of this programme is to develop a skilled, motivated and fit for purpose workforce (paid and voluntary) that is representative of our communities. Aiming to increase and retain the numbers actively deployed in the sector.
Who is it for?
Whether you are new to coaching or an experienced coach, an established club or just getting started, an Early Years Practitioner or just looking for awareness raising sessions (eg. Mental Health, Autism etc) then this brochure will provide you with details and information on workshops across Leicestershire, Leicester City & Rutland.
If you are coaching at any level, either in a paid or a voluntary capacity you will benefit from attending one or more of the UK Coaching workshops advertised. The Club Structures programme will support clubs who are seeking more players, more funds or better facilities and offer club volunteers a range of lively informative workshops designed to help clubs tackle these challenges.
As with previous years, Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport will again subsidise the cost of the courses, helping to ensure cost is not a barrier to attending.
How to Book
The Workforce Education Programme (attached below) and online booking system will provide you with details and information of the workshops available across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
- Workforce Education Programme 201718 (PDF, 1.5 Mb)
- Identify the courses you wish to attend.
- Complete the online application form by going to www.lrsport.org/bookit
- At the time of making an online booking you have the option to pay online, or pay off-line by sending a cheque made payable to 'Leicestershire County Council' and sent to Business Support, Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF.
- On receipt of your online booking we will send you a letter confirming your place on the workshop as well as a map with travel directions to the venue.
- Please book early to avoid disappointment and also note that workshops may be cancelled due to low attendance.
- Non Attendance: If you are unable to attend or wish to cancel a booking you must telephone Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport on 01 509 564863 at least 7 days prior to the course. If you fail to do so you will lose your payment and will be subject to a cancellation charge.